21 June 2017

Mad Dogs and Englishmen!

The new Great Hall (my jazzed up shed) was erected last year as planned but due to finances the inside never got done at all. This did have a bonus as it has been sat being exposed to the lovely British climate for a year and has no issues with ingress of water. Those it did have have been cured as they were spotted.

I spent last year gathering funds for the rather costly internal work, with the insulation coming in at just under £500.00 alone. Add to this the cost of boarding it all, painting, electrics, etc, I had a rather large target to achieve. I have however saved as hard as I could and made my target gradually month.

So finally I had enough funds to get started on Saturday, hence the Mad Dogs quote. I happened to have really timed the job wrong I hate heat, and this weekend was a scorcher with the thermometer topping 30C+ , and it has remained that way since. The week however has been booked into my calendar for the job and I do not have the luxury of being able to change that.

I started with the Insulation.


 
I also have a lot of junk to shift as it appears the wife has been using it to store items no longer required in the house...

Next came boarding out.


That little lot saw me lose my entire weekend and part of Monday finishing of the little bits. Those little bits always seem to take far longer than expected as well.

I sit here today though rather happy, as the walls are now painted and I laid the carpet today which has to be my best bargain costing only £30.00.

 This will be the new working area, I still have a lot to do, workbenches to build and shelving to fill the walls but that will all happen in the coming days.
 The tools and clutter will be removed and a gaming table will take its place here soon.
Most important I have plenty of light but will need to purchase some blinds so I can control it a bit more during the day, one to reflect the heat and secondly so it does not get too bright. Ok so it's not huge with an internal floor space of  6ft x 12ft but it is all mine.

Well folks I know you were possibly expecting some Bavarians by now, but this is very important to me, as I am confident once I have my own purpose built space it will give me many rewards. Sanctity from the day to day hub-bub in the house, as place to relax and play games with the children but most of all peace and space for my mind.

Until next time good readers.

Loki

14 comments:

  1. In Germany we say "Klein aber mein" which translates roughly to "small but my" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Very, very envious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every man needs a shed! Looking great Loki!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done mate, an excellent space. Don't envy you working in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff. Looks like a great place to get busy or relax with a game and beer. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good Andy, will be spot on once finished

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  7. In Germany we say "Klein aber mein" which translates roughly to "small but my" ;-)

    บาคาร่า online
    gclub online

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, the love one can have for his "little things!" Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooooo
    Thats changed a lot
    Looking Superb buddy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for the kind comments they are appreciated a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...